Thursday, January 12, 2017

Introduction Blog


Introduction:       
            I started becoming interested in aviation when I was around 10 years old. I was very fascinated watching big aircraft fly over fly house. I began to look up different types of aircraft and try to guess what aircraft I was watching. I became interest in airports when I took my first flight when I was 13. I went on many different visits to airports around my area to watch planes take off and land. Later in high school I was set that I wanted to become a pilot.
            
            When I first started looking at universities I made sure they had flight programs that would allow me to start my career. Further into my recruitment I discovered a change in mindset. I began looking into the business world and what opportunities lied within certain industries. I came across Eastern Michigan University through baseball recruitment. I noticed they had an Aviation Management Degree available and I quickly decided, that was the path I wanted to take. This degree was perfect as it had both aviation and business linked together. I am currently a senior at Eastern Michigan University and I plan to graduate the summer of 2017.
            
            With my degree I plan to become a manager of flight operations for an air carrier such as Air Canada or Jazz airlines. The job description lies perfectly within what I have learned here at Eastern. I have spoken to a couple flight operators and have heard nothing but great things. I realize that you have to pay your dues within the airline so working with customers or baggage will likely become the start but I have that end goal of flight operations.
            
            Due to my interest in flight operations, hearing from current managers of flight operations would be greatly beneficial. Also, Airport managing is another career that interests me but I am uncertain of the pros and cons. This would be another topic that I would like to discuss in class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment